Tuesday, May 1

May: Day 1

Spring and the end of the semester has sent me into small project mode. I finished two crochet coasters yesterday.

Started: April 30, 2007/ Finished: April 30, 2007, but I still have to weave in ends and block them a bit.
Yarn: Sugar n Cream Cotton in Yellow and Cornflower Blue
Hook: G/6 4.25 mm
Pattern: Soft Coaster from Cozy Crochet

This morning I woke up with 2 KAL's Day 1 messages in my inbox. As soon as I got home this afternoon, I cast on my bookmark. I'm using some leftover sock yarn and size 0 Knitpicks needles because I don't own any size 1's. I decided for such a small project I would attempt to knit in the continental method. I think I've got it down pretty well, but I do need to work at keeping a constant gauge. It's even green for Project Spectrum, unplanned of course.


Once I finished my rows on the bookmark, I cast on my dishcloth. I am also knitting the dishcloth in the continental method... hoping to be knitting faster soon.


Also, I was watching Knitty Gritty with Annie Modesitt and she was discussing Combination Knitting with which I am completely intrigued. Tomorrow I will try to incorporate the combo knitting with the continental. Pretty excited, really.

No comments: