Sunday, April 1

Fixation Gauge Drives Me Crazy

Knitting with Fixation is a lesson in patience for me. I love the way it looks and stretches, but the tension is a pain in the neck.

I sat and finished the first sock while reading The Blind Assassin. The second sock I cast on at work, knit the ribbing, turned the heel and decreased the foot and knit it around for a few inches. That night I finished the toe, but didn't graft the toe together until this week. They still need the ends woven in and to be washed, but I will have a great pair of summer socks shortly!

Once I finished the Fixation socks, I've been working pretty much exclusively on my Somewhat Cowl, but I had a row or two of tension issues due to being used to knitting with Fixation. The rows aren't very obvious and I'm nearly done with the bottom ribbing. Once I have the body finished I will try it on and make sure everything is as it should or I may be ripping back a few inches to correct the gauge and/or waist increases.

I've not sewn another project but I've been doing lots of research and trying to organize a space for sewing. My family also went out of town this weekend to visit an aunt who is a master quilter and I have plans to "study" with her this summer. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll have some more time to sew this coming week!

More pictures will be coming soon and I am combing my stash for projects to work on for the April/May Project Spectrum Colors. Some might even include sewing projcts, I hope.

1 comment:

Susan said...

You can knit & read @ the same time?!?!?!?!

(silence)


I am in awe of you.