Wednesday, March 14

Cable Footies Finished


I went to the SouthEastern Theatre Conference this past weekend. And it was a blast!! I took some knits with me to wear: Le Slouch, Bejeweled, and the Bridgetown Belt Bag. I wore them all and felt oh-so-crafty when I could remark that I did, indeed, "knit it myself."

The weekend was also filled with lots of knitting time. I cast on the One Skein Cable Footies before I left and finished them this evening. I always finish projects in the evening when it's hard to take a decent picture, but I don't possess the patience to wait until tomorrow to take a picture.

This is the actual color and all that remained of the two skeins (I included a pad of Post-Its for scale).

Pattern: Cable Footies from One Skein
Cast-On: March 6, 2007 / Finished: March 14, 2007
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool- 2 skeins, color 23
Needles: Clover Takumi 4.5 mm (US 7) dpns... the reason I used 7's instead of 8's wasn't that I checked my gauge, but because I didn't double-check the pattens spec's. But they still fit!!
Size: Small (Women's 7 1/2 to 8 1/2)
Modifications: None that I can think of besides the needle size.
Recipient: Hunter's mother... hoping that some knitty goodness can change her heart toward me.

Quick, small projects have been what I've been thriving on lately, but I'm not totally sure what my next small project will be. But whatever it is, I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Way to work the hand knits!!!

Now, it may be just me...But the top photo reminds me of salt water taffy. Those yarn colors together look edible ;)