Monday, January 15

No Longer a Noro Virgin!!!

I purchased my first skein of Noro Kureyon last Tuesday so I could make a ribbed hat pattern that magically appeared in my possession(seriously!): it was an omen. So I cast on Wednesday evening and sewed up the back seam Friday night. I must say that the resulting hat is very warm and cozy, perfect for winter. Here are some progress shots and the FO.


Cast-on: January 9, 2007/ Finished: January 11, 2007
First FO of 2007!!
Pattern: Vogue Knitting Ribbed Cap, like I said it magically appeared from a magazine of some kind, basically knit flat in 4x4 ribbing
Yarn: Noro Kureyon in Color 183
Needles: Clover Takumi US 8's
Mods: None, great pattern, but next time it will be knit in the round

My Bejeweled is growing...


Here is the KnitPicks order I received last week. Shadow Yarn in Sunset for the Hidcote Garden Shawl KAL

and Palette Yarn in Fawn and Blue for Eunny's Endpaper Mitts.

Colorwork and lace are definitely my weaknesses.

Also the blanket I need to finish for BF Hunter's birthday next Sunday



A fun little quiz with a not-so-surprising result.. Of course I'm merino wool!!! What Yarn are you??

You are Merino Wool.You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to keep you close because you are so softhearted. You love to be comfortable and warm from your head to your toes.
Take this quiz!

No comments: