Sunday, February 4

Scarves, Socks, and Snow... Oh my!

Two Finished Objects

I woke up this morning and began to knit with a vengeance. I finished Hunter's blanket, finally!! Only 13 days late. Since he had a regional swim meet today, he took a nap with the blanket this afternoon. I will post a picture of him and the blanket together soon.

Cast-on: Summer 2005/ Finished: February 3, 2007
Pattern:
Yarn: JoAnn Sensations Rainbow Boucle (acrylic/nylon blend) I bought this yarn WAY before I became a fiber purist
Needles: US 10 Interchangable needles, Adii 40" circular, and Susan Bates Quiksilver straight needles, I got so bored with this project that switching needles made it more bearable
Notes: I started this pattern when I was still a relatively novice knitter and it is SOOOO monotonous. I will NEVER make a garter stitch blanket again!!!


Once I finished the blanket, I decided to cast off my Bejewled and weave in all the ends. I wore it to work tonight, even though I haven't blocked it yet. And every time I looked down, I DID feel a little fancy!

Cast-On: January 16, 2007/ Finished: February 3, 2007
Pattern: Bejeweled by Lisa Shobhana Mason
Yarn: Universal Yarn Inc Eden Silk (wool/silk blend) Color: Sky
Needles: Clover Takumi US 8
Modifications: I think my scarf is a little shorter than the pattern instructs, but only because I didn't want to run out of yarn
Notes: I can't wait to use this yarn again. It is a treat to work with and has great stitch definition. Definitely a favorite!

Project Spectrum

I took these pictures on Day 1 of PS and haven't had a chance to post them yet. Thursday happened to be the only "Snow Day" we will be having here in east TN.
White and Gray:


I posted my yarn for the Cable net socks and began swatching a few days ago. I've been focused on Hunter's blanket for the most part and haven't done too much swatching yet.
Blue:


Miscellaneous

The Yarn Haven just opened replacing my old LYS Knit n Purl. The selection is beautiful and the owner is SOOO sweet. If you're ever in Knoxville, check it out!! I bought a couple skeins of yarn to make a beret next fall, because I don't really have the time now and it's almost warm again.

1 comment:

pantoufle said...

I wasn't even aware that Knit'n'Purl closed. I just moved away in September. What about Loops?