Tuesday, December 26

Christmas Gifts

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year. I really had a great one this year. I finished a beautiful dishcloth from my Monthly Dishcloth KAL.

I gifted the cloth to my mom and she loved it, insisting it was "too beautiful to use!" Hopefully, it will be used well and she'll need some new ones come Mother's Day.

I got some great knitting-related gifts this Christmas:

Home Knits by Suss Cousin

Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis

KnitPicks Options Needle Set

I've already cast on the Multi-Yarn Shawl from Home Knits using my new KnitPicks needles as straight needles. They're great, I absolutely love the pointy, pointy tips. I can't wait to knit more with these.

The orange color is a bit brighter in this picture than in reality, but I didn't have time (or daylight) to take a proper picture. When I have more progress, I will try to get a more accurate picture.

Since I had to find comparable yarns at JoAnn's for the project, Suss yarns aren't available around here. I held together a strand of Sugar n Cream cotton in Ecru and Lion Brand Fun Fur in Champagne, but the eyelash seems too long. See, it's in the far left of the picture. So would trimming it work well and make the eyelash appear a little less "bushy"??

No comments: