Monday, June 19

Summertime

This has been the project I've been focusing on this summer thus far. I took it on the plane with me to France, but lacework and planes, not the best combination. Once I got home, I really began to work on it and finished the first half last weekend, but have only just begun the second half. I am really loving this pattern, although there are some issues in the pattern. It's from Saunshine and it's a great way to use up the rest of my Cotton-Ease stash.

While in the Loire Valley, we went to visit Chambord a palace of King Francis the 1st. While wandering through this massive stone chateau, I found a loom with many lengths of beautifully dyed wool (Sadly, the closest I came to any yarn the entire trip). I am very jealous of those with dying and spinning abilities. Sometime in the near future, I would love to at least attempt those tasks. Luckily, I found out the other day that my, um...., boyfriend's best friend's mom dyes and spins her own yarn, so maybe I won't have to learn all on my own.

Back to France, I have begun a scrapblog to catalogue all of my pictures I took in order to conserve paper and share pictures with friends, etc., on-line. Check it out if you have the time, but it's not nearly finished and will have many more pages added presently.
Anyway, I have high hopes for finishing my Sweet Tank by the end of June. I will keep the blog updated (seriously) with progress, at least weekly. Keep on having a great summer and if anyone gets bored, check out the Monthly Dishcloth KAL blog for a couple of lines of a dishcloth pattern daily!
Hope everyone is having a tremendous summer!!

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

Youre back! It sounds like you had a great time. Shopping is good in Madrid? I hope one day I can actually confirm that.

The sweet tank is sweet.